Saturday, November 29, 2008

Random Things About Me

Jacquie, one of my favorite bloggers, tagged me to list eight random things about myself. I have also been tagged by some of my other favs in the past several months to do some variation of this list by Meagan, Michelle, and Meredith. Sorry I'm late girls!

1) I can only eat steak if it is well done. Derek thinks I'm missing out on the true taste of a delicious steak, but I just can't do it. If it has any tint of pink, I ain't goin' there!

I don't think so.


2) I am THE biggest homebody. I do like to go to the beach and I plan on many more trips there, but some of my favorite "vacations" have been "staycations" where Derek is off work and we spend the week around the house. I love it when the kids are in bed and I "build my nest" on the couch for Derek and I to just hang out together and watch tv.

To build the perfect nest, you need a comfy couch, one soft pillow, one soft throw blanket, and one snuggly husband.


3) I don't enjoy reading. If it is not about autism or a nursery rhyme, I'm not going to read it. I do like looking at magazines, mostly pictures in fashion magazines.

My idea of a good read.


4) People often think I can't cook. The truth is I CAN cook, I just don't like to very much. I think this is partly because my husband and son are rather picky and Derek does not eat leftovers or casseroles. So, it seems like a lot of wasted time. However, I do cook every single day for the kids, and when I do cook for Derek I make sure it is something he loves. It is a hope of mine to someday love cooking. Surely this can happen?

Maybe addling a little more butter would help???


5) I LOVE photography and hope to one day take some classes and get better at it. I'm done paying other people lots of money for something I would love to do myself.

"You kids smile and act like you love this!"


6) I try not to put my jeans in the dryer (unless I'm in a time crunch), so they won't shrink in length. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect jeans. I'm just so thankful jeans now come in long lengths!

We be scared of the dryer!


7) I can't hardly go one day without a Diet Coke. I know all that aspartame can't be healthy, but I'm hooked. I didn't have one at all on Thanksgiving and I thought I might go into withdrawals.

Is it a sign you are drinking too much Diet Coke when your two year old pretends to be at a drive thru saying, "Diet Coke. Thank you so much,"???


8) I love surprises (as Derek says, the good kind). I beg and beg Derek to let me open Christmas presents early. I get so excited! I practically shake them until the wrapping paper wears thin. Ha! I guess I'm still a kid at heart...at least at Christmas time.


I know a lot of you have already done this list, but if you haven't, please play along. It's harder than you think to come up with eight random things about yourself. :)

16 comments:

Candy said...

This was fun to read!!! :)

Laura said...

OMGosh! We were switched at birth! My steak goes back every single time it has a hint of pink. I just can't do it. We have some best friends that like their steaks rare and I nearly gag watching them eat it. I am also a Diet Coke Queen and I get highly ticked if my jeans get dried!!

Becky said...

Girl I'm right the opposite of you on the jeans. I have short legs and have to have everything hemmed!!! So I always dry them. Everything else I match with you perfectly with the exception of reading. I only read when I go to the beach. Last spring I read three books in six days. I think that was a record for me!

Anonymous said...

What a great list!! I love my Diet Coke too and tried to give it up, but I just couldn't!! I guess it's okay to have one vice! And I agree about loving to take pictures! Somehow I end up paying way too much for others to take pictures of my little ones! And Kevin will not eat leftovers or casseroles as well. It makes it SO hard to cook!!

Tracy said...

I have a solution to your jeans problem...it's a little pricey, but I figure I've wasted so much money "trying and settling" that I would have been mucho happier just buying what I wanted to begin with. Go to The Buckle. They have inseams for as long as you could possibly need them. Prices can be around $60 - $150, but I'm telling you as a tall girl...it's so worth it!!!!!

Jacquie said...

Thanks for playing along, Leigh Ann. I love to read these because I feel like I learn more about the person writing them.

I totally agree on the steak, I'm not a big beef eater, but it needs to be well done. That's a deal breaker.

I love your "building the nest" concept. Too cute.

I'm more of a magazine reader myself.

I don't cook MUCH, but on occasion. Does your husband just fix sandwiches for supper? or how does that work for you?

I'd love to take a photography class, too.

I DON'T dry my jeans either. My kids want theirs dried... they don't like the stiffness of jeans that are air dried.

I don't drink pop at all. Maybe twice a year I drink a cream soda. Yum.

I love to surprise others. Not too big on surprises for myself.

I loved reading your list... and I LOVE reading your comments. You made my day today. Thank you!

His Doorkeeper said...

I, too, have to have my meat well done. No "bleeding" on the plate for me..yuk!

Agree with #2..there's no place like home!

I love to make pictures so much and can't wait to make pictures of guess who???? Harper Brown

Drinking a Diet Coke once a day is my vice, I guess! How can you eat a good sandwich without a DC???

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Girl, I know you can cook because I made your cheeseburger soup and it was DE-LISH!

I haven't had a Diet Coke in 3 years! I quit after my dad's friend freaked me out about how bad aspartame was for you. I drink the real stuff now...which is probably just as bad for you and definitely has more calories.

Loved your post!

Betsy said...

I am so with you on #1, #2, #5, and #7--only regular Coke. I am addicted...I admit it. And I wish I could take better pictures! I would love to take a photography class!

The Garners said...

What a fun list to read!

We have a lot in common...the steak--I get nervous ordering one because waiters always act like I'm crazy when I order it "well-done", then they almost always still bring it to me medium or medium-well. I am a BIG-TIME homebody--I can't wait to get in the door, throw down my purse and get changed into my "comfy clothes"--I love an evening when I know I'm in the house to stay by 5pm! And I don't like to read--at all--I've tried to make myself a reader, but it's just not there. I like to LOOK at magazines--I rarely read a single article--I look at the pictures from back to front most of the time. I don't dry my jeans either.

Megan L Hutchings said...

My sweet, beautiful Lah ~
I just got through reading your two posts from the holiday. I absolutely LOVE the last pic of Evan & EG! You can absolutely tell she is 110% in love with her brother. I also LOVE the one of her with the football...you are teaching her right ;).

Your random list made me smile ;)! You and Web are so much alike. He is a present lover and he is always wanting to open his early.

Meredith said...

Leigh Ann, we have SO much in common! Well except for the steak part! HA! I am a homebody also! And I absolutely love Diet Coke! Thanks for participating! Have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

I have SOOO missed you and am so thankful to be back to blogging! We are pretty much twins! I agree about the steak thing, and the staying home thing....and Connor's first words were Daddy, mommy, and SONIC...in pretty much that order!!!

Meagan said...

This ranks as one of my favorite posts to date! Your little quotes and tag lines were cracking me up! Things I am right there with you on: being a homebody, photography, no jeans in the dryer, and making a couch nest (love the way you put that) and enjoying home (and one day hubby, lol)!

p.s. Can you please wrap yourself and show up at my house for Christmas! I miss you!

Julie said...

I'm with you on the steak and Bryan says exactly the same thing. I'm missing out in the flavor. I'm slowly trying to work my way to medium well or something like that! :)

Those pictures at Thanksgiving in front of the fireplace are sweet! I've announced to Bryan we have to take our Christmas picture soon. Hopefully it will go okay! :)

Lauren said...

Number 7 is my favorite!!!!!!!! My mom always tells me I should just get an IV bag full of it because it would be cheaper and more convenient!!