Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

I am so thankful for these children of mine. We tried really hard before we left for Thanksgiving at my Dad's to get a picture. First we tried to get the kids for a Christmas card. We moved the coffee table and had them stand on it so they couldn't run off. Ha! This is what I got...

I guess we'll try again. LOL! Getting two kids to smile and look at the camera at the same time seems to be a little difficult around the Horton household. This last picture is my favorite. Ella Grace adores Evan and I love how she is watching him and laughing so hard.

Then, we thought we might try pictures of the kids with me and then with Derek. Well, here's how that went...

Finally, we got one, but by that time it was time to go. We didn't get one with Derek. :(

What a wonderful Thanksgiving we shared with family. We went to my Dad's side for lunch and had a scrumptious meal and then headed on to Derek's mom's for dessert.

Ella Grace loves all her cousins. As a matter of fact, that is the only way I got her dressed. She was not wanting to put on this dress, but I told her she had to wear it to get to see her cousins and she was dressed and ready in no time. Here she is with her cousin, Will, and Derek's dad getting books read to her. She was in heaven. Evan had a great time watching movies.

We also tossed around the football in the backyard. I even learned how to throw it AND catch it! Hee hee hee.

It was a GREAT day, but I didn't get to see my mom and I REALLY missed her!

I found a yummy recipe for a corn casserole on Cooks.com. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and it was super easy. Here it is...

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted (or 1/2 c. oil)
1 c. sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
Shredded cheese (opt.)

Mix all ingredients except cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, if desired. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked in center. I didn't even add the cheese ( I actually forgot), but it was still yummy.

We are getting Christmas decorations down today, and I'm excited to get working on it! This is the first year Ella Grace will understand what is going on, so it should be LOTS for fun. She already knows Santa Claus "brings toys for Evan and Ella," as she says. Fun, sweet times!

8 comments:

Scrapper Mom said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I love how the kids match. Looks like someone buys Kelly's Kids? Lol. My kids are much too old for that anymore, but I used to do the same thing!

Faith said...

Sounds like such a great day. I am loving all those cute pictures! Love their outfits!!!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Love the outfits! Those are too cute! Looks like you had a great day! I can't wait to see your tree with all your mesh. Be sure and show us a picture. I am so thankful for you and our friendship! Time has been good to us all! Love ya bunches!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

That last picutre of you and your kids is just frame-worthy!! Love their little outfits...you can only do that while they are small...they won't like it when they get older!

So happy you had wonderful family time!

Thanks for the corn casserole recipe. I use to make that but lost the recipe. Now I have it again!

Lauren said...

I love the picture of EG laughing at Evan! So sweet!

Amanda Ledford said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Let me just say that I LOVE the kids outfits!!!! They are precious!

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures you took, especially the last one with Ella Grace looking up at Evan. Adorable!! I make that casserole every year, but without the cheese, it's SO good!!! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Heather said...

I make that corn casserole and it is YUMMY! I love the kids' outfits! Ah, Christmas card pics....such fun! (and such memories!)